For Good Shepherd Medical Patients
The first step to treatment in the dental clinic is a New Dental Exam, which includes:
- necessary radiographs (x-rays)
- examination of your existing oral conditions
- consultation with the dentist about your recommended treatment
- consultation with the financial coordinator about suggested donations
Further treatment will be planned at that appointment, with urgent needs addressed first. When New Dental Exams are full, urgent dental care is available upon referral from your Good Shepherd Ministries medical provider.
For the community
- Extraction Clinic on Monday evenings during the school year. Volunteer dental students and faculty from OU College of Dentistry extract teeth Monday afternoon with same day appointments for any dentally uninsured patient with an appointment, depending on the difficulty of the extraction. ($10.00 administrative fee per each tooth extracted) In order to make an appointment, call 232-8631 on Monday morning at 8:30 am.
- Kids Clinic on Tuesday evenings during the school year. Volunteer dental students and faculty from OU College of Dentistry provide dental treatment at no charge for any dentally uninsured child with an appointment, call 232-8631.
The Good Shepherd Dental Clinic is located at 222 NW 12th Street at the corner of 12th and Harvey. The building is in the northwest corner of the First Baptist Church parking lot.